Azure IoT Edge Solution
eWBM provides devices to be connected to the Microsoft Azure network for the popular SaaS solution.
We used the Dev board of SE100 with an ethernet port to connect to the Internet to Azure as a cloud service platform.
eWBM SE100 accommodates required software stack in it to be connected to the Azure system
Solutions for security-enhanced Azure IoT Edge
The solution for eWBM eSE100 Azure IoT Edge uses the HW security feature of the MS500 to provide better IoT security at a low cost.
- The secure boot feature with the MS500 helps you overcome the boot-stage security vulnerability of Azure IoT edge.
- The TLS solution ported to eSE100 hardware allows for better network security by allowing TLS to be easily used in small memory operating models. In particular, the hardware acceleration capability of the MS500 is used to support small memory, fast response, and quick connect compared to competing products.
The eSE100 Azure IoT Development Environment
This section describes the eSE100 Azure IoT development environment.
❚ eSE100 Azure IoT Development Tool
• GCC Compiler
• ARM GC
The eSE100 Azure IoT Configuration
❚ eSE100 H/W Block Diagram
Figure 1 eSE100 H/W Block Diagram
Table 1 Each chip operation role
Set the network information value to W5500 to allow access to the Internet.
Encrypted communication with the Azure server through the TLS 1.2 protocol.
Use the Azure IoT SDK to send and receive data with Azure server.
Enable communication to the network through Ethernet IO.
The Socket API is provided so that the MS500 can use the Internet.
All received data is transmitted to the MS500, and the transmitted data is transferred to the Internet via the MS500.
❚ eSE100 Azure IoT S/W Architecture Block Diagram
Figure 2 Azure Packet Flow
Figure 3 sS2E Azure IoT Block diagram
with the MS500 SDK and MBEDTSL, TLS communication is applied, and the Azure IoT SDK enables protocol communication in Azure.
- SE100 and Azure server sectors are handshake for first-time TLS secure communications.
- When a TLS communication segment is connected, SS2E client and Azure Server initiate communication through the MQTT protocol. When the conditions required by Azure Server are met, final connection success is completed.
- After successful connection, the MQTT protocol initiates Publish/Subscribe communication according to the specification.
❚ eSE100 Development Kit
eSE100 Dev Board
The eSE100 Program
❚ eSE100 Programmers Model
This section describes the SE100 programmers model.